What is MyMedicare?
MyMedicare is a new voluntary patient registration model. It aims to formalise the relationship between patients, their general practice, general practitioner and primary care teams. Find out who is eligible and how you can register.
What are the benefits of registering for MyMedicare?
By registering in MyMedicare, you may benefit from:
- A formalised relationship with your general practice or GP, which has shown to improve health outcomes.
- Longer Medicare Benefit Scheme (MBS) funded telehealth consultations with your GP.
- The incentive for longer telehealth consultations for children under 16 and Commonwealth Card
- Concession card holders, from 1 November 2023.
- More regular visits from your GP and better care planning for people living in a residential aged care home, from August 2024.
- Connections to more appropriate care in general practice for people who visit hospitals frequently, from mid-2024.
How do I Register in MyMedicare?
Check that you’re eligible to register. You’re eligible to register for MyMedicare if you have:
- a valid Medicare card or Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) Veteran Card
- And had 2 face-to-face appointments with Aspire Medical and Skin Centre in the previous 24 months
There are a number of ways you can register with us for MyMedicare:
Start the registration process in your Medicare Online Account or Express PlusMedicare Mobile app.
Once you are logged into the app, click on MyMedicare App Tile and click Start to register for MyMedicare. Search for postcode, 3037 and select Aspire Medical and Skin Centre.
OR click on this link for the registration page to download the form. Print it, fill it, and bring it to Aspire Medical and Skin Centre’s reception desk.